November 14, 2018
Blackhawk Network and Alipay Executives’ Insights Published in Fintech Finance
Leading fintech publication Fintech Finance recently published an article featuring joint insights from Blackhawk Network and close partner Alipay–one of the world’s largest mobile and online payment platforms. In the article, Talbott Roche, CEO and president of Blackhawk Network, and Rita Liu, president of Alipay Canada, discussed emerging payments trends related to mobile, cashless payment lifestyles and set out best practices for engaging Chinese tourists visiting the U.S.
Roche and Liu analyzed how the payments behaviors of the growing population of Chinese tourists travelling to the U.S. and U.K. “may lend a helpful roadmap for engaging American and European consumers in the future.” Some of the main points examined include:
- Chinese tourists’ preference for using mobile payments when traveling overseas
- Widespread mobile payments use for shopping, dining and visits to tourist attractions
- Chinese tourists’ significant purchasing power
Given the above trends, Roche and Liu recommended readers do the following to attract Chinese visitors and cater to their payment preferences:
- Make consumer preference a priority by offering choice
- Satisfy consumer demand for speed and convenience
- Elevate mobile payments beyond payment tools to engagement tools
Read the full Fintech Finance article, starting on page 26.