December 19, 2018
Blackhawk Network Executive Shares Gift Card Sales Tactics in Dealerscope
A leading source of consumer technology news, Dealerscope recently published an article by Theresa McEndree, vice president of marketing at Blackhawk Network, about effective gift card sales strategies that retailers can use around the holidays.
In the article, McEndree recommends several creative tactics for gift card promotions that can help retailers grow sales, direct shopper behavior and create more long-lasting customer engagement.
A few top suggestions include:
- Offering incentives to shoppers for participating in certain gift card promotions through a rewards or loyalty program
- Assembling a smart gift card mix to cover the spread between stocking stuffers and standalone gifts
- Pairing gift card promotions with merchandise to provide shoppers with added rewards for buying specific products and also encourage higher spending
- Designing unique and fun holiday-inspired displays that attract attention and invite interaction
- Encouraging online gift card sales to drive web traffic and reach more digitally-savvy shoppers
Read the full Dealerscope article here.
About Blackhawk Network
Blackhawk Network Holdings, Inc. is a global financial technology company and a leader in connecting brands and people through branded value solutions. Blackhawk platforms and solutions enable the management of stored value products, promotions and rewards programs in retail, ecommerce, financial services and mobile wallets. Blackhawk’s Hawk Commerce division offers technology solutions to businesses and direct to consumers. The Hawk Incentives division offers enterprise, SMB and reseller partners an array of platforms and branded value products to incent and reward consumers, employees and sales channels. Headquartered in Pleasanton, Calif., Blackhawk operates in 26 countries.
For more information, please visit BlackhawkNetwork.com, CashStar.com, HawkCommerce.com, HawkIncentives.com or our product websites GiftCards.com, GiftCardMall.com, Cardpool.com, GiftCardLab.com and OmniCard.com.