Cardpool Makes it Easier to Buy and Sell Gift Cards
SAN FRANCISCO, Jan. 9, 2017 — According to the National Retail Federation, gift cards are one of the most popular gifts to give, with 56 percent of consumers surveyed saying they planned to give gift cards this year1. However, sometimes a recipient receives a gift card they don’t intend to use. For those looking to find their preferred brand of gift card at a discount or to simply sell their gift cards for cash, Cardpool today announced its redesigned website, Cardpool.com, which makes it even easier to sell and buy gift cards by mobile phone, tablet or computer.
Through Cardpool—a leading gift card exchange company owned by Blackhawk Network—consumers can buy gift cards for up to 35 percent off and sell gift cards for up to 92 percent of their value. By connecting gift card holders into one gift card exchange marketplace, Cardpool helps consumers get exactly what they want, whether it’s a discounted gift card, a different gift card, or simply cash.
“Cardpool helps to streamline the buying and selling process for pre-owned gift cards and egifts. We’re continuously working to enhance and optimize our gift card exchange tools to get the right brands in the right hands™,” said Patrick Ramsey, general manager of Cardpool. “We’re delighted to offer our customers a more user-friendly site for selling and purchasing guaranteed2 pre-owned gift cards and egifts.”
The updated Cardpool.com offers a new look and feel and enhanced user experience. Additional features of the newly-designed site include:
- Optimization for mobile, tablet, and desktop use.
- Expanded inventory of guaranteed pre-owned gift cards and supported retailer brands.
- Personalized gift card recommendations based on each user’s shopping history.
- Enhanced sorting options to find the most popular or most heavily discounted cards.
- Swift Buy™ enables users to save time finding multiple gift cards for a retailer with balances totaling to or near the desired spend (e.g., a user enters $1,000 as the total amount they want to spend and Swift Buy™ finds three gift cards for purchase that equal or are near this amount).
- Find a Location: Cardpool customers can find the nearest physical location to exchange gift cards for cash or another gift card.
In addition to the new website, Cardpool supports purchases and sales of gift cards through a variety of in-store partnerships and via mobile application. To visit the new website or to sell and purchase a gift card, visit www.cardpool.com.
Cardpool, Inc., a Blackhawk Network, Inc. company, is a leading gift card exchange company where customers can buy discounted gift cards or sell gift cards for cash. Cardpool verifies the balance of each of its gift cards and offers the Cardpool Purchase Guarantee; see cardpool.com for terms and conditions. Cardpool also helps retailers provide their shoppers with these exchange services in their own physical stores or on retailer-branded sites. Cardpool provides a turn-key solution driving commerce for its partners, and retailers may integrate with the exchange services by using Cardpool’s proprietary APIs. Located in San Francisco, California; visit Cardpool at www.cardpool.com.
About Blackhawk Network
Blackhawk Network Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: HAWK) is a leading global stored value and payments provider, which supports the program management and distribution of gift cards, telecom products, and financial services products in retail, digital and incentive channels. Blackhawk’s digital platform enables the management of stored value products, promotions, and loyalty programs across a network of digital distribution partners including retailers, financial service providers, and mobile wallets. For more information, please visit www.blackhawknetwork.com or product websites Cardpool, Gift Card Lab, Gift Card Mall, GiftCards.com and OmniCard.
1. National Retail Federation’s 2016 Holiday Shopping Survey is a survey conducted by Prosper Analytics & Insights from November 1–8, 2016. The sample size included 7,206 respondents.
2. Cardpool guarantees any gift card purchased from Cardpool will be valid at the merchant and for the dollar amount specified on an order. Cardpool makes such guarantees for up to 180 days from the date of purchase. If a customer is unable to redeem their card for the full amount specified in their order during that time, they may contact Cardpool for a refund. The guarantee is subject to a maximum of $1,000 lifetime per customer.