Research: Branded Value Can Be a Good Way to Drive Customer Acquisition
May 4, 2017
Blackhawk Network recently released its latest research, “Branded Value: Rewarding Experiences Driving Consumer Engagement and Spending.” More than 1,000 Americans were surveyed in October 2016 about how branded value motivates shoppers to spend and engage with brands, thereby measuring the value of brands in today’s economy.
Blackhawk’s research found that branded value can be a good way to drive customer acquisition by motivating shoppers to try something new.
The study revealed:
- Nine in ten of the respondents would use a gift card or egift they received from a brand they had never tried before.
- Seventy-two percent of the offer users surveyed say targeted offers would prompt them to visit a store or website they wouldn’t have gone to otherwise.
- Forty percent of the rebate users surveyed believe rebates have prompted them to try a website or store they otherwise wouldn’t have tried.
- Thirty-nine percent of the coupon users surveyed believe a coupon has prompted them to try a website or store they otherwise wouldn’t have tried.
- Thirty-five percent of the alternative payment users surveyed indicate that an alternative payment option has prompted them to try a website or store they otherwise wouldn’t have tried.
To view the ebook detailing the full findings, click here.