Today Post Office announces that it has rolled out an array of new gift cards for consumers to buy through Blackhawk Network. From today, a range of new gift cards will be available to purchase in over 1000 Post Office stores across the UK, giving consumers access to thousands of brands.
The Post Office initially began its gift card offering 15 years ago, with the now Blackhawk Network owned market leading multi-store gift card, the One4all, which can be spent in more than 55,000 outlets across the UK. After seeing huge success with One4all, today’s news represents a new chapter for both companies, as Post Office looks to become a key player in the gift card space.
As well as One4all, the new gifts cards that will be available include:
- Google Play
- Sony Playstation
- Restaurant Choice
- Fashion Choice
- Student Choice
- Teen Choice
- Kids Choice
Mark Siviter, Post Office Managing Director for Mails & Retail said: “Post Office has always been the place to go for the versatile One4all gift card that can be used across more than 100 retailers and restaurants, in store and online. Now, through our new partnership with Blackhawk, a wider range of gift cards will be introduced in our larger Post Offices which will provide customers with more variety across gaming, entertainment and online fashion brands such as ASOS. This should ensure there is something for everyone, satisfying the gifting needs of all family and friends. Post Office is the one-stop gifting shop for customers to purchase their gift card of choice and send to a loved one, all in one visit. Check out our range today in your local Post Office branch.”
Matt Howe, Managing Director EMEA at Blackhawk Network said: “In many places, Post Office is often in the heart of the community, especially in rural areas, so this new partnership is making it easier for people across the country to find the perfect gift for loved ones wherever they are based. Gift cards are a fantastic way to give people choice over what presents or rewards they receive, which is especially important amongst younger generations where tastes vary more than ever before. But, we also find that more people than ever are buying gift cards for themselves, especially when it comes to accessing gaming platforms, so this partnership will make it easier than ever for people to purchase gift cards, be that as a gift or for themselves.”
About Blackhawk Network
Blackhawk Network delivers branded payment programs to meet our partners’ business objectives. We collaborate with our partners to innovate, translating market trends in branded payments to increase reach, loyalty and revenue. With a presence in over 26 countries, we reliably execute branded payment programs in over 100 countries worldwide. Join us as we shape the future of global branded payments.
Blackhawk is headquartered in Pleasanton, California. For more information, please visit www.blackhawknetwork.com/uk-en.
About Post Office
- With over 11,500 branches, the Post Office network is the biggest retail network in the UK, with more branches than all the banks and building societies combined.
- 98% of Post Office branches are run with retail partners on an agency or franchise basis.
- The Post Office provides services central to peoples’ everyday lives; 99.7% of the population lives within 3 miles of a Post Office.
- We offer the UK’s largest fee free cash withdrawal network through our 11,500 branches and over 2000 ATMs and 99 per cent of UK bank customers can access their accounts at the Post Office.
- Thousands of Post Office branches are now open longer, with 4000 open 7 days a week, making it even easier for customers to access vital services.
- We sell 170 different products and services spanning financial services including savings, insurance, loans, mortgages and credit cards; Government services; telephony; foreign currency; travel insurance and mail services.
- Post Offices branches remain highly valued and trusted, and are the focal point of many communities. For more information; visit www.postoffice.co.uk and to find out about a Post Office business opportunities; visit www.runapostoffice.co.uk