In this guide, you'll discover everything you need to know about Crown Commercial Service's (CCS) Payment Solutions 2 Framework (RM6248).
You’ll also learn how, as a supplier on the framework, we can support government departments, local authorities, and schools with the distribution of payment solutions, such as prepaid cards (virtual and physical), eGift codes, and vouchers, to your beneficiaries.
Having supported over 2000 UK public sector organisations in distributing more than £50 million to people in need for over 40 years, we're perfectly placed to help distribute crucial funds to households across the UK.
About the Payment Solutions 2 Framework.
The Crown Commercial Service is the UK's biggest public procurement organisation. As an Executive Agency of the Cabinet Office, the CCS is responsible for supporting buyers from central government, the public and third sectors to procure goods and services.
The Payment Solutions 2 Framework RM6248 is the replacement for the RM3828 Payment Solutions, which expires in December 2022.
According to the CCS, the framework provides "access to the supply and maintenance of payment solutions, which will allow users to buy goods and services. It will also offer prepaid solutions for those who do not have other means of accessing funds."
The aim of the commercial agreement is to establish a multi-supplier, multi-lot framework contract for the provision of procurement card, prepaid card, and voucher payment solutions across the UK, Europe, and Worldwide.
Types of payment solutions on the framework
The framework provides access to three types of payment solutions:
- Lot 1: Procurement cards to enable the purchase of common goods and services. There are three types of cards; virtual - where the payment is made without disclosing the card details; lodged - where the card details are digitally placed in a payments system; and plastic card - such as a traditional payment card
- Lot 2: Prepaid cards - a customisable digital and physical payment solution that can be spent online and instore, anywhere Mastercard© is accepted
- Lot 3: Fully managed closed-loop voucher schemes, which means the retailer who issues the voucher (also known as gift cards) redeems the voucher
Can you use the Payment Solutions 2 framework?
Is your organisation eligible to use the framework? The Crown Commercial Service customer webinar lists the following parties who can take part:
- All Ministerial and Non-Ministerial Government Departments and their Executive Agencies and other subsidiary bodies
- Civil service bodies, including public sector buying organisations
- All non-Crown Status Government Companies wholly or partly owned by Central Government Departments and their subsidiaries
- The non-Departmental Public Bodies, other Public Bodies, Public Corporations, and their subsidiary bodies sponsored by Central Government Departments which are not covered by the above categories
- The devolved administrations in Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland together with their respective agencies and their other subsidiary bodies.
What are the benefits of using the Payment Solutions 2 Framework?
EASY FOR YOU
- The Payment Solutions 2 Framework is a ready-to-use process, so the procurement process is significantly simplified
- Our payment solutions team will work with you to create a bespoke solution that's tailored to your budget, timelines, and recipients' needs
- You'll have full visibility of the end-to-end process from ordering and distribution to tracking where the prepaid cards, eGift codes, and vouchers are being used
- All companies on the framework are pre-qualified to assured supplier standards, including security standards ISO/IEC 27001 and Cyber Essentials Plus accreditation.
EASY FOR YOUR RECIPIENTS
- Virtual payments solutions are instant, secure, and can be received by email.
- The redemption process is quick and simple. Recipients can use eGift cards and gift cards at their retailer of choice, enter digital codes at checkout to pay for items, or redeem gift vouchers for the retail outlet they need. The Energy prepaid card can be used online, over the phone, or via a smart prepayment app.
- Recipients have the freedom to get what they need from a wide range of retailers and categories, including groceries, clothes, and energy.
How we can help you with the Payment Solutions 2 Framework.
We're proud to be a supplier for the Crown Commercial Service on the Payment Solutions 2 Framework.
Following a competitive tender process, we were appointed to provide the implementation and management of grocery and non-grocery prepaid cards, eGift codes, and voucher schemes.
Food, clothes, and everyday essentials eCodes
Our end-to-end reward and disbursement platform, Select, can be used to distribute eCodes directly to your beneficiaries who can then swap them for a range of items from over 80 popular brands ranging from food and everyday essentials to home and garden.
Prepaid energy card
We can also provide an easy and efficient way to help people pay their energy bills, via our Pure Energy prepaid card.
With the cost of living continuing to rise, our dedicated utilities prepaid card gives public sector organisations a quick and simple solution for getting funding to those who need it most.
Having helped over 2,000 local authorities, charities, and schools, we're ideally placed to understand the challenges specific to the public and third sectors and know how to craft the perfect payment solution.
How our payment solutions distribution works.
Our tried and tested distribution process means less admin for you and more choice for your recipients.
- 1. Getting to know you: Our team works with you to discover your payment solution needs
- 2. Bespoke support: You'll receive a tailored distribution plan and we'll take care of everything
- 3. Fast and reliable: Our scalable payment options include digital codes, prepaid cards, and multi-retailer gift cards
- 4. Personal touch: You can customise the payment solution with your branding and personalised messaging
- 5. Swift distribution: Your recipients can receive funds within 24 hours of payment
- 6. Easy to redeem: Codes and cards can be spent instantly online or in-store at a wide variety of retailers
How you can take part in the Payment Solutions 2 Framework.
The framework is accessible to Central Government and public sector organisations throughout the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (UK).
If you'd like to use our industry expertise to deploy vital funds speedily, simply, and securely to those who need them most, we'd love to help you make the most of the budget you have available.
Get in touch by calling 0203 372 0653, contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or filling out the contact form on the right of this web page.